After my last post I thought this would be the perfect month to share a little more about how I manage my social media and email intake. With so many folks out there producing amazing content, it’s all too easy to get overwhelmed like I did. There are no hard and fast rules for how many profiles you can follow or newsletters you can read without hitting burnout, but for me the magic newsletter number is five.
So this week, I’m dishing on the 5 Newsletter You Must Read This Week.
- Danielle LaPorte D-Digest: Ok, so this one is a bit of a cheat. I don’t get it every week - I get it monthly. But one of the things I love about Danielle’s newsletter is that you get to choose how often you want to receive it. How awesome is that? I am a big fan of the Desire Map / Truthbomb / Firestarter maven, and so I appreciate the convenience of getting a digest version not just new blogposts from her website, but also videos and product launches. P.S. If you’re also a big LaPorte fan you need to hear this recent interview with Tara Gentile, game-changing. Topics covered: self-improvement, community, education, spirituality, soulful business
- Letters for Creatives: I’ve mentioned the Being Boss podcast on this blog before, and if you’ve given it a listen you probably heard co-host Kathleen Shannon mention that she defines her purpose as ‘helping people be 100% themselves in work and life.’ And that’s exactly what I love about her newsletter, Letters for Creatives. It’s a perfect blend of professional insights and personal experiences. Plus, she sends out a lot of free worksheets! And you know how I feel about a good worksheet…Topics covered: work/life blend, personal branding, manifesting, goal-setting
- Prim’d: The ladies at Prim’d do a great job of providing unique content in their Friday newsletters that you can’t get from them anywhere else. I love that it feels like a behind-the-scenes peek into what they’re doing, and also that they make a point of highlighting weekly successes from their clients and followers. Topics covered: business, marketing, branding
- ConvertKit: I tweeted at Val Geisler recently that I was super impressed with her (more than) weekly contributions to my inbox. I switched from Mailchimp to ConvertKit earlier this Summer, and one of my favorite things about making the jump has honestly been receiving emails from the CK team. Whether they’re letting me about another free webinar, or telling me how to do that HTML thing that I have been trying to figure out for DAYS, it’s always exactly what I needed. Topics covered: email marketing, creating digital products, list building
- Spruce Rd: Jamie Starcevich can read my mind. At least that’s what it feels like when I read her emails. These emails usually are a little longer / take a little more time to read, but that’s because she’s delivering the juicy stuff straight to your inbox. Rather than clicking through to a blogpost for a full tutorial, you can read the whole thing from the comfort of Gmail. Topics covered: design/illustration, blogging, creating digital products
Shameless plug: want tips for improving your business that you can implement today (in 10 minutes or less)? Download any of these free resources and you'll receive my own newsletter, MOJO Minutes!